Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Worked as Product manager on MPLS, Cloud and other mainstream Data Networking products
- Working experience with Global Sales and environment
- Delivering against challenging time frames either alone, or as part of a team
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills for C-Level clients e.g. CIO, CTO, CFO
- Broad knowledge and experience in the networking areas such as Network & security strategy and assessment, architecture & design, MPLS, Switching, Telepresence, Wireless, Unified Corms, IP Telephony, IPCC, WOPT, FW/IPS etc.,
- Pre-sales / bid-team experience including creation of cost models, SOWs, response to RFI/RFP etc.
- Self-starter/Self-motivated, team player
- Product manager in Mumbai, India will have to do product life cycle management to support changes and adding features in the existing products.
- Make sure any changes are being reflected and available in all systems and process starting from Sales to steady state (Ops).
- Documents must be updated and sales must be trained as necessary.
- Update or maintain service description documents
- He has to closely work with engineering teams for new or existing products
- Help in productizing some of the customized solutions that we have provided to customers.
- Create Product collaterals, presentation and training materials
- Involve in event management activities for participation of Virtela in conferences or other global events
- The role involves helping & managing Global Bids\Proposals\RFP\RFI responses & solutioning
- Need to be mobile and prepared for international travel
- Business planning for regional strategy & backbone network infrastructure
- Review and ensure partners SLAs/KPIs matching with product SLA/KPIs
- Involve in standardizing pricing
- Release rate cards as and if required (for Broadband VPN, CPIA port pricing etc.,)
- Business planning for regional strategy & backbone network infrastructure; Build Business cases for new pop proposals / or to remove a pop
- Lead BA function for Pricing, presales, access & procurement
- Help in Forecasting of capacities for Backbone upgrades by working with sales & engineering teams
Training and Certification Required
Cisco, Juniper or other network security certifications
Minimum 10 years
BE/B-Tech with MBA preferred
Technical and Other Skills
Core networking & network security skills