- Client Solutions & Carrier Relations
Senior Associate / Manager – Procurement – India
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Experienced and skilled buyer/procurement specialist/negotiator to own the responsibility of handling all vendor purchases, maintenance and support contracts, and 3rd party provided services for all hardware, software, or system maintenance for a fast growing global managed network solutions provider
- Experience in procurement/purchasing in Telecommunications industry preferred
- Cost negotiations and procurement; Spot negotiation on “smaller” and day to day purchases of hardware and software or any other procurement activities like infrastructure, remote hands/installs, facilities, IT or marketing materials etc., Execute end to end RFQ/ RFP/ sourcing process.
- Negotiate pricing and discount structure with Field Services/Installation vendors and manage vendor selection for procurement, provide reporting on costs of installations, provide bill validation support to finance, etc.
- Need to deal with OEMs like Cisco, Juniper, Blue Coat, Firepass, Citrix, Fortinet, etc on a daily basis. If required, providing support to Sales Team on Pre-Sales and Post Sales opportunities by developing a Price book and pricing for different BOMs.
- Initiate local or alternate sourcing activities.
- Liaise with all Virtela offices for their procurement requirements and track it.
- Inventory Management: Ownership on devices in Virtela; asset mgmt systems, ensure they are accurate with NMS, and something we are charging for (Cisco, Juniper, all others).
- New vendor development: Supplier analysis, evaluation, certification and management. Develop supplier’s base strategies and manage market exploration and benchmarking process.
- Ongoing process of finding regional Systems Integrators for installs and remote hands.
- Manage Supplier Performance: Maintaining score card of suppliers for their support, service, price points, responsiveness etc., Manage suppliers base to achieve competitive cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Maintain close liaison with suppliers on availabilities/capacities, readiness and material supply.
- Involve in process improvement of procurement. Manage and suggest systems/tools/automation required for procurement.
- Managing training aspects of the hardware/software that is being purchased.
- If required, prepare, validate and get commercial approvals of CAPEX and OPEX proposals.
- Working on cost reductions related to hardware and software or any other procurement activities. Ensure maximum savings in new order placements or renewals.
- Managing T&Cs / agreements/MSAs with vendors. Negotiating all contracts and legalities associated with it. Negotiating payment terms best suitable for the company.
- Maintenances: To ensure we are buying maintenance on the correct list of devices and not losing any money.
- Warrantees: maintaining and negotiating better warrantees.
- RMAs: repair and replacement management.
- If required, deal with shipment/delivery related issues OR operational issues of procurement.
- Reports: Need to maintain MIS for these activities.
Minimum of 5 years; Maximum of 12 years