Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
The Provisioners interface directly with the customer and complete requests for new service. The position is also responsible for maintaining records of activities and coordinating service order activities with ILEC’s, CLEC’s, IXC’s, remote hands technicians and other internal groups. As this is a global company, the provisioner must also be able to communicate with international customers and providers and work within the local time zones.
- Provisioning of E1, E3, DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, DSL and Metro Ethernet.
- Place orders with LECs & other carriers, both domestic and international.
- Collect & disseminate all support details with companies to order process (LOAs, CFAs, DLRs, ASRs, etc.).
- Utilize provisioning, ordering and inventory software.
- Verify that confirmation and designs are received for the LECs and operating companies in a timely basis.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to both customers and internal groups.
- Escalate when needed.
- Maintain current files on all orders.
- Interfaces with customers through lifecycle of circuit implementation including completion of test and turn up.
- Coordinates work and maintenance activities with customers, vendors and internal team members.
- Functions as a team player.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of circuit related troubleshooting techniques.
- Skilled in technical communications with customers and vendors.
- Skilled in operating Microsoft Office Applications and familiar with standard office equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Works independently and under minimal supervision.
- This position requires significant focus and follow through with a high level of focus on the details.
- Strong organizational and self-motivation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of IXC/CLEC inter-company operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of service orders; facility orders, circuit orders, FOC, CFA, DLR and ASR’s.
- Five years related telecom provisioning experience.
- Technical associate’s degree preferred.