Project Manager / Senior Project Manager – Manila
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Have managed a few mid level projects
- Have interacted with foreign customers, especially US based
- Familiar with MS Project and MS office, especially Excel, word, and power point
- Familiar with Telco related IT terms
- Familiar with Cisco, Avayya, IT-Security related products
- Have a flare for taking notes, be a good listener
- Have good planning skills
- Have a yearning for learning
- Ready to work during US shift timings
- Familiar with foreign culture
- Create order
- Submit order
- Track milestones against interval dates and notification
- Access Management
- Provisioningo order sent
o FOC received
o Circuit jeopardizes
o Circuit delivered
- VHID / VHID association
- CE implementation
- Equipment ship
- Coordinate install
- Billing Start Date & customer notification
- Proper close-out of all tickets
- Send Weekly status update on all circuits (update status tracker spreadsheet for each customer)
- Major milestones documented in Siebel Notes
- Escalate all major jeopardizes to Client Support Manager
- Validate disconnects and Billing end date
- Ensure service disconnects are completed and records updated (validate with Provisioning)
- Ensure View is properly reflecting new locations, LCON, support contacts, escalations, etc.
- Monthly report of service changes to validate billing.
- Manage technical delivery resource assigned to virtual project team.
- Ensure full hand over into support is achieved successfully prior to full customer acceptance.
- Ideal candidate will also have PM experience in a weak-matrixed organization where the ability to establish relationships with separate functional department resources will be key to project success.
- Work under a controlled and structured project management framework that follows industry standards (PMI) and meets customer requirements.
- Effective change management control within projects.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting as specified.
- Proactively manage and resolve project issues, risks and conflicts.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered within scope, time, budget and quality.
- Attend Weekly Project Review meetings.
Training and Certification Required
Pursuing PMP / PMP trained, ITIL trained
Technologies and Other Skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills