Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
Do you live, eat, and breathe programming? Are you someone who sees code in their dreams? Would you consider yourself a developer’s developer? Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a software fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
Help drive the innovation and evolution of Virtela systems and tools
Work directly with our networking engineers and product team pros as well as developers who are experts in the industry
Work in architecture team to develop new tools and to create proof of concept using latest and greatest technologies in the domain.
Research and solve application issues on critical production applications.
Work with Front End developer to identify the needs for middle layer and implement web services to connect from mid layer to database layer. Collaborate with architect to ensure plans and identified solutions meet business needs and expectations.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Java web application development.
- Minimum 8 year experience in core java development.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in developing Rest web services.
- Experience with server technology stacks such as Java/Java EE.
- Expert in Java, Struts, Services Oriented Architectures, and MVC frameworks
- Demonstrated ORM experience Like Hibernate, JPA, ibatis/myBatis.
- Working experience in designing database schema and creating DDL/DML.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in XML, JSON.
- Team player with a “get it done” attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will lead and transform the OSS and BSS applications to act as an application architect. Working collaboratively with Business SMEs and software engineers, to design and deliver advanced applications with state of the art graphics, intuitive navigation, and next-gen UIs. These applications will support Virtela’s OSS and BSS applications, for automated provisioning and service creation, work-flow automation, asset and inventory management, and 3rd party ordering / billing systems integrations.
- Creating design specifications and prototypes for next-gen applications.
- Design and development of real-time mission critical software, preferably in the area of workflow management, B2B integration, and operational Managed Services support systems in the data communications field.
- Work with the other Solution Architects to identify new application opportunities and technologies.
- Develop a new framework and design standards for Manage various software development projects, both new development and maintenance releases, to participate in the planning and business requirements process for new systems applications.
- Develop, establish and drive aggressive implementation of team operational objectives according to application requirements for functionality, quality, and on time.
- Participate in the development of Virtela’s architecture design strategy.
- Provide one-on-one coaching/development to the local Development Team. .
- Recruit, hire and develop the needed team members with advanced technical competence
- Demonstrated knowledge of next-gen UI designs, coding, testing of web based applications.
- Experience with server technology stacks such as Java and Ruby.
- Proficient in ADF , XML, WSDL and Web Services , SOAP , REST & RPC
- Demonstrated ORM experience.
- Demonstrated experience in using software design patterns.
- Ability to design and aggressively deliver new enhancements for existing applications.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge in database design concepts and SQL.
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach
- Extensive experience in full software development lifecycle using agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience working for a fast paced service oriented company, focused on UI/UX software development and production support.
- Experience using Open source software, and understanding of the various licensing schemes
- Strong, proactive, self motivating and professional work ethic
- Experience with NOSQL like Cassandra would be a huge Plus .
- Minimum of 3 years experience as solution architect for next-gen UI/UX initiatives.
- Minimum 8+ years of proven progressive experience in software engineering as a developer, solutions architect, delivering cutting edge Web-based applications.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Masters is preferred.
The successful candidate will work in transforming the OSS and BSS applications. Working collaboratively with Business SMEs and software engineers, to design and deliver advanced applications with state of the art graphics, intuitive navigation, and next-gen UIs. These applications will support Virtela’s OSS and BSS applications, for automated provisioning and service creation, work-flow automation, asset and inventory management, and 3rd party ordering / billing systems integrations.
- Experience developing AJAX interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. DOJO, JQuery, etc.).
- Experience developing web-based user interfaces for a variety of platforms such as: mobile, desktop, and tablet.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and processes.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Perl) desired.
- Experience with web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile development.
- Experience as part of a User Experience or User Centered Design team.
- Genuinely excited about technology, strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications
- 3+ years of experience as a web developer or similar role