Software Architect – India
The successful candidate will lead and transform the OSS and BSS applications to act as an application architect. Working collaboratively with Business SMEs and software engineers, to design and deliver advanced applications with state of the art graphics, intuitive navigation, and next-gen UIs. These applications will support Virtela’s OSS and BSS applications, for automated provisioning and service creation, work-flow automation, asset and inventory management, and 3rd party ordering / billing systems integrations.
- Creating design specifications and prototypes for next-gen applications.
- Design and development of real-time mission critical software, preferably in the area of workflow management, B2B integration, and operational Managed Services support systems in the data communications field.
- Work with the other Solution Architects to identify new application opportunities and technologies.
- Develop a new framework and design standards for Manage various software development projects, both new development and maintenance releases, to participate in the planning and business requirements process for new systems applications.
- Develop, establish and drive aggressive implementation of team operational objectives according to application requirements for functionality, quality, and on time.
- Participate in the development of Virtela’s architecture design strategy.
- Provide one-on-one coaching/development to the local Development Team. .
- Recruit, hire and develop the needed team members with advanced technical competence
- Demonstrated knowledge of next-gen UI designs, coding, testing of web based applications.
- Experience with server technology stacks such as Java and Ruby.
- Proficient in ADF , XML, WSDL and Web Services , SOAP , REST & RPC
- Demonstrated ORM experience.
- Demonstrated experience in using software design patterns.
- Ability to design and aggressively deliver new enhancements for existing applications.
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge in database design concepts and SQL.
- Proven ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach
- Extensive experience in full software development lifecycle using agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience working for a fast paced service oriented company, focused on UI/UX software development and production support.
- Experience using Open source software, and understanding of the various licensing schemes
- Strong, proactive, self motivating and professional work ethic
- Experience with NOSQL like Cassandra would be a huge Plus .
- Minimum of 3 years experience as solution architect for next-gen UI/UX initiatives.
- Minimum 8+ years of proven progressive experience in software engineering as a developer, solutions architect, delivering cutting edge Web-based applications.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Masters is preferred.