Senior Linux Tools Developer – India
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world. Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Learn more about Virtela at, www.nttglobal.net
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Are you someone who is looking to make a significant positive impact in your role as a UNIX Systems Engineer?
Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a systems infrastructure fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what applications and end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- 5+ years authoring Linux scripts and tools
- Expert level programming with Perl and Python.
- C, Java, and Ruby experience are a plus.
- Strong MySQL experience. Oracle and PostgreSQL experience are a plus.
- SNMP, MRTG, cricket, or rrdtool experience. Netflow monitoring experience is a plus
- Strong CentOS and/or Ubuntu experience
- Switch, router, and firewall management experience.
- Strong Subversion and/or Git VCS skills
- Hands on experience supporting Enterprise applications.
- Experience authoring threaded code
- Highly self-motivated. Willingness to take ownership of tasks and drive them to completion
- Strong skills for automation of repeatable work
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to perform 24x7x365 on-call duty with other systems team members
- Architecting and authoring highly scalable code to monitor and poll network devices
- Authoring, redesigning, and optimizing application and backend scripts to improve scalability
- Manage and develop interfaces for Big Data databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Full software lifecycle support. Concept, design systems architecture, perform development, Ops Support
- Lead troubleshooting and performance tuning of applications and MySQL databases
- Automating and improving existing processes
- Acting as a key member (support/consult/lead) on various application’s BSS/OSS projects
- Systems planning, configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings and implementation support of new applications