Senior Linux Systems Engineer – India
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world. Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Learn more about Virtela at, www.nttglobal.net
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Are you someone who is looking to make a significant positive impact in your role as a UNIX Systems Engineer?
Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a systems infrastructure fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what applications and end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- 5+ years of Linux administration experience
- Mastery of GNU/Linux (Redhat/CentOS/Ubuntu), expertise with Logical Volume Managers, network troubleshooting, bash, Python and/or Perl programming
- Superior puppet skills. Experience writing manifests is required. Hiera, PuppetDB, and Puppet 3 experience are a plus.
- Strong experience with the VMware, KVM, and VirtualBox hypervisors
- Tools with emphasis on Syslog, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, Radius, SQL, and DNS.
- Strong SAN experience. iSCSI experience is a plus.
- Load balancer experience a plus
- Vagrant experience is a plus
- RPM and DEB file generation experience a plus
- OpenStack and CEPH distributed file system experience is a plus.
- Cobbler, PXE boot, Kickstart and Spacewalk/RHN Satellite server experience a plus
- Cisco/ Dell / IBM / Sun / Blade hardware experience is a plus
- Linux cluster (heartbeat, pacemaker, corosync) experience a plus
- Strong customer service attitude with superior people skills
- Able to lead troubleshooting, optimization, and performance tuning of applications, databases, and Unix systems
- Strong knowledge of Internet services, systems monitoring and management, and open source
- Strong documentation skills
- Understanding of Systems design and the OSI model
- Strong general automation skills. This includes scripting, automated monitoring, and automated VM deployments
- Ability to perform 24x7x365 on-call duty with other systems team members
- Managing development, testing and production VM and physical server environments
- Automating and improving existing processes
- Systems planning, configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings and implementation support of new applications
- Supporting all of Virtela’s Enterprise applications.
- Support primarily developers, applications integrators, DBAs, Global Operations Centers, and numerous scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Ruby, and Python)
- Acting as a key member (support/consult/lead) on various application’s BSS/OSS projects
- Managing capacity, designing systems architecture and performing technology refreshes