QA Test Engineer – India
Virtela (virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match. Virtela is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
- 2- 8 years of experience in Application Testing and Automation.
- Excellent automation testing experience in Selenium using Java or Python scripts.
- Extensive experience designing test cases and writing queries to verify backend functionality.
- Good understanding of Database concepts along with SQL Queries is a must.
- Knowledge of other industry wide used tools would be a plus (QTP / Quality Centre / Test Director)
- Moderate knowledge of HTML and/or PHP would be nice to have.
Candidates with telecom background will have added advantage.
- Responsible for Analysing system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases.
- Execution of detailed test plans and scripts to verify functionality for large business initiatives including progress reporting, defect tracking and risk assessment.
- Plan, write, maintain test cases / data to execute testing within Web Services environment for Product Testing.
- Validation of data loads from Source system (flat files, Messages).
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, and driving defect resolution.
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review and user group / project meetings.
- Work with business users, system analysts, designers and programmers to create and analyse various required project documents.
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects.
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality within Information Technology software.
- Comply with SDLC standards and follow strategies, plans and process to ensure Quality processes.
- Coordination of Quality Assurance offshore / onshore team efforts for the assigned initiative.
- Work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project
- A minimum relevant experience of 2 to 8 years would be required for this position.
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
Technical and Other Skills
- Selenium using Java or Python Scripts, SQL