Oracle DBA – India
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Extensive experience handling large databases
- Experience in Oracle database installation, upgradation, patching and environment setup (Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g)
- Hands-on experience with oracle stored procedure and functions
- Experience in design and implementation of database development, preferably Oracle, as well as experience with related technologies, applications, and processes
- Hands-on experience using software development tools
- Hands-on experience with data architecture design, database design, data analysis, and data modeling
- Hands-on experience with database and SQL performance tuning
- Experience with setting up development environments, architecture standards, and development direction
- Experience in developing products or prototypes using off the shelf components or frameworks
- Strong understanding of software integration and interoperability technologies
- Knowledge on UNIX shell scripting
- Well versed with PL SQL, SQL Plus, Discover, Oracle Enterprise Manager and TOAD
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and logical skills
- Strong communications, writing, and presentation skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi tasking, and results focused environment.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- The DBA works closely with system administration staff for applications or tools in addition to the Oracle Databases
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other toolsthat access the Oracle database
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate
- Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Create new database users as required.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- Responsible for the production support of our data warehouse environment
Training and Certification Required
Oracle Certification Preferred
Min: 7 years; Max: 10 years
Technical and Other Skills
- Experience of various types of backups and recoveries
- Experience with troubleshooting any Oracle issues
- Knowledge on RAC (Real Application Cluster) is a big plus.
- Knowledge on EBusiness suite or Oracle Financial is a big plus.
- Understanding of system integration and performance analysis
- Proven ability to communicate on a business and technical level