Network Infrastructure Manager – India
If you have worked as a provisioning engineer in a telecom company, have been a part of data center installs and build-outs and know how to run large scale projects this is the right career role for you.
Day One tasks include:
- Remotely supporting installs in POPs across the world.
- Tracking and documenting use of resources in the POPs.
- Support finance and billing teams.
- Work with circuit provisioning team and with access vendors to deliver new circuits or access trunks.
Beyond the ‘Day One’ tasks, the long term projects include:
- Forecast the core capacity requirements in an environment when demand is constantly growing.
- Track a global backbone to manage costs without compromising on industry best SLAs.
- Prepare a monthly analysis package that identifies what really is happing in the backbone.
- Forecast hardware requirements and scale up.
- Manage space and power requirements.
- Work with a team of highly technical engineers and bridge the gap between engineering and procurement
- Build tools that help the company sales and executive teams know what resources are readily available to support new demand.
To accomplish what this role needs you need hand-on knowledge of telecom industry:
- Strong background in telecom circuits and access technology.
- Hand on experience with data center management and terminology.
- A working understanding routers and switching hardware.
- Understanding of telecom SLAs and contracts.
But beyond this, you need to be:
- A strong communicator. You will be talking to people all over the world.
- Obsessive about documentation.
- Analytical and know how to work with numbers.
- Good at presenting information to people across verticles.
- Ready to meet any challenge that comes in the way.
Education and Experience
A graduate degree with at least 5 years of experience in the telecom industry provisioning circuits and data center mangement will be required. CCNA level certification and experience with cost management and reporting will accelerate your effectiveness and impact.