- Network Engineering & Operations
Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Engineer – India
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience with Linux/Unix Administration.
- Server management experience.
- Experience in server Virtualization techniques required (VMware / Xen / KVM).
- Experience in operating systems (Windows, Linux), network basics, SAN network and disk array devices.
- Experience with server security, upgrades and deployment of security and operating system patches.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages desired.
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle and manage multiple requirements and projects with minimal oversight.
- Ability to effectively present information, write case studies and solve practical problems of customer and internal Sales team.
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience (or equivalent).
- Implement cloud based services on virtualized platforms.
- Responsible for assessing server hardware and software requirements related to various application vendor evaluations.
- Provide operational guidance for infrastructure design.
- Responsible for capacity planning, functionality testing, and load testing of virtualized computing environments.
- Documentation as well as training of other organizations and ongoing server solution support.
- Build internal-use tools for monitoring and management of server and network components.
- Monitor vendors’ release notes and plan necessary upgrades and patches as required.
- Product testing and set up POC (proof of concept) testing.
- Deal with unpredictable situations where limited standardizations exists.
Training and Certification Required
Hyervisor vendor certification (VMWare, Linux, KVM, Citrix, Windows) a plus.
Minimum of 5 years
Technical and Other Skills
- Ability to communicate well with the client and business unit leads.
- Ability to set direction and prioritize work and resources based business and client needs.
- Participate in network design and strategy forums, set directions and provide recommendation.
- Develop and implement standards and procedures as it relates to server infrastructure.
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Virtualization a plus.
- Hands on knowledge on Cloud Stack or Citrix Xencenter a plus.
- Hands on opensource software, such as Openstack, Opendaylight a plus