- Network Engineering & Operations
Manager – Network Operations – India
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Overall responsibility for 24×7 operation of GOC, the network and security needs of enterprise customers;
- direct and build (staff, train and maintain employee skill levels) a Global Operations Center (GOC)
- Processes that troubleshoots, repairs, and monitors customer’s network and security services.
- Requires a strategic and visionary leader who can provide informed and objective counsel to top management on business issues
- Will offer technical and experience-based advice to peer executives and subordinates.
- Manages the 24×7 GOC for a global network and all associated equipment to make sure that it is available for all customers.
- Hands-on involvement with the GOC to quickly resolve customer’s network and security issues. Supervise the daily working of customer and network trouble tickets.
- Direct and build (staff, train, and maintain employee skill levels) the GOC group that troubleshoots, repairs and monitors customer’s network and security services.
- Communicates and coordinates network/security maintenance and schedules.
- Coordinates installation of hardware and software by others including outside vendors.
- Monitors and maintains network stability.
- Create, maintain, and enforce all processes and procedures for the GOC group.
- Provide leadership to your team while focusing on their efforts on the corporate objectives.
- Foster teamwork across other groups such as Provisioning, Project Management, Customer Engineering and GOC.
- Provide detailed statistics on the performance of the team and provide solutions to better their performance to the executive staff.
- Manage internal audit process to ensure compliance with all GOC processes.
- Provide direction and priority to the staff for development of GOC tools.
Training and Certification Required
CCNA, CCNP, JCNIA, JNCIS, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE is desirable.
10+ years relevant experience
Bachelor degree in Electronics/Computers/IT preferred
Technical and Other Skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Aptitude and desire to learn advanced IP network services
- ITIL process awareness