Linux Monitoring Tools Engineer – India
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world. Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Learn more about Virtela at, www.nttglobal.net
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Are you someone who is looking to make a significant positive impact in your role as a UNIX Systems Engineer?
Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a systems infrastructure fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what applications and end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- 3+ years managing Linux based monitoring solutions along with Security monitoring experience
- Expert level experience with Zabbix and Nagios
- Expert level programming with Bash as well as Perl or Python
- Strong CentOS and/or Ubuntu experience
- Strong MySQL experience or any databases
- Networking background is a plus
- Puppet experience is a plus
- Hands on experience supporting Enterprise applications.
- Strong skills for automation of repeatable work
- Knowledge of Internet services, systems monitoring and management, and open source tools with emphasis on Syslog, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, Radius, SQL, DNS, Nagios, and Zabbix.
- Strong documentation skills
- Understanding of Systems design and the OSI model
- Ability to perform 24x7x365 on-call duty with other systems team members
- Management of Virtela’s Zabbix and Nagios monitoring solutions
- Authoring scripts to monitor resource utilization, availability, and functionality of custom applications
- Automating monitoring of new servers and devices
- Scaling and distributing monitoring solution geographically
- Scanning and monitoring for security vulnerabilities. Working with application and device owners to ensure resolution of identified problems.
- Ensuring a minimal amount of false positive alerts
- Configuring and managing alert escalations, including SMS and notifications to management
- Working with developers and operations personnel to ensure adequate monitoring and proper alerting is in place
- Acting as a key member (support/consult/lead) on various application’s BSS/OSS projects
- Systems planning, configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings and implementation support of new applications