- Network Engineering & Operations
Lead Engineer – Network Operations – India
Engineers who have a passion and understanding for providing outstanding customer service. This person will be part of a team of experts who are responsible for handling network/security support, problem management, managing network performance and proactively identifying issues before they become customer affecting. This team provides 24×7 support, as well as provides training to junior engineers.
- Support the operations of advanced IP network/security services and take escalations from Level 1 and Level 2 engineers and as directed by Operation Managers
- Working experience in a fast paced Network Operation environment
- Experience in Remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of network connectivity issues
- Working with a variety of customers and vendors (some technical some non-technical)
- Must be able to communicate technical jargon to non-technical people
- Receive calls from customers and work trouble tickets to resolve customer escalated network and security issues
- Work with Telecommunication Service Providers to resolve escalated circuit problems to resolution
- Perform complex changes on the Network and Security devices
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Work a rotating shift schedule
- Manage Global Operations Center shifts and exchange handoff between various shifts
- Manage daily work distribution for Global Operations Center
- Become SME for few priority customer accounts and to be proactive to improve customer service.
- Train and mentor engineers.
- Participate in various Network and Security projects. Participate on weekly/monthly/quarterly service review calls with customers.
- Contribute in providing appropriate content for the weekly/monthly/quarterly service report
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical expertise with routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and switching(VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, various flavors of STP)
- Hands on experience in MPLS, QoS and VoIP.
- Hands on experience for network troubleshooting in LAN and WAN environment.
- Understanding and expertise on security products (Firewall/IPS/SIEM/SIM/IVE/SA/Proxy) and Linux
- Strong Technical and subject matter expertise in at least one or more of the following specialties: Juniper/Cisco Routers, WAN Optimizers(Riverbed, Juniper, Citrix),Wireless, Nexus Switches, VSS
- Provide comprehensive maintenance plans for change management review and approval, implement according to plan.
- Manage and Support MPLS backbone spanning across globe
- CCNA, CCNP, JCNIA, JNCIS, CCIE, JNCIP, JNCIE is desirable.
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor degree in Electronics/Computers/IT preferred
- MS Office proficiency
- Aptitude and desire to learn advanced IP network services
- ITIL process awareness