- Network Engineering & Operations
Incident Manager – India
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world. Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Learn more about Virtela at, www.nttglobal.net
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Are you someone who is looking to make a significant positive impact in your role as a UNIX Systems Engineer?
Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a systems infrastructure fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what applications and end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- Overall responsibility for managing Incidents throughout Incident Lifecycle
- Work in 24×7 rotating shifts
- Strong Customer Focus
- Proven history of managing and resolving Incidents in large ISP network or large enterprise customer
- Multitasking skills to handle multiple priority tasks
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities and patterns
- Ensure Incident handling as per Incident Management Processes
- Ensure Incidents are managed and resolved within SLA
- Responsible for monitoring ticket queue
- Host and Lead the Incident Management calls
- Lead troubleshooting coordination on incidents to drive issues to fastest possible resolution
- Ensure internal escalation process and customer escalation processes are followed
- Central Communication point for Major Incidents
- Monitor existing tickets and escalate to management if in risk of missing the SLA
- Respond to user escalations and engage functional escalation as necessary
- Create, maintain, and enforce all Incident Management processes and procedures
- Identify process improvements
- Create and provide Incident related reports to management or other stakeholders
- ITIL, CCNA, JNCIA, CCNP is desirable.
- More than 6 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree in Electronics/Computers/IT preferred.
Technical and Other Skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Aptitude and desire to learn advanced IP network services