Cloud Infrastructure Operation Manager – India
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
- Manage Global team of Hypervisor System Engineers
- Work with internal and external entities to maintain network stability, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and minimize risk.
- Help building internal-use tools for monitoring and management of server and network components.
- Monitor vendors’ release notes and plan necessary upgrades and patches as required.
- Draft or modify Policies and Procedures Maintain Control of service/network events.
- Provide point of Escalation for Customer and network related issues.
- Develop employee skills and expertise; maintain a highly motivated, well-trained, innovative, and empowered workforce
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of Virtela systems and tools
- Participate in network design and strategy forums, set directions and provide recommendation.
- Will work with engineering team for assessing server hardware and software requirements related to various application vendor evaluations. Help development team in support of orchestration solutions like Cloud stack Open stack
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of expirence in managing the infrastructure in a carrier or major enterprise network
- Ability to communicate well with the client and business unit leads.
- Ability to set direction and prioritize work and resources based business and client needs.
- Develop and implement standards and procedures as it relates to server infrastructure.
- Knowledge and exposure to desktop / server and application virtualization (Hypervisor exposure such as KVM, XenServer, VMware ESX) Hands on experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and methodologies in Network, Server, Device, Computer and Web server devices.
- Strong knowledge of networking (VLANs, L2/L3 switches, routing, VPN and firewalls), Networking skill at CCNP level in regard to the Network build outs.
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Virtualization a plus. Strong experience with Linux/Unix Administration.
- Hands on knowledge on Cloud Stack, Citrix Xencenter, or KVM a plus.
- Hands on opensource software, such as Openstack, Opendaylight a plus
- Bachelors degree in Math, Computer Science, or Engieering