- Network Engineering & Operations
Business Intelligence and Analytics – India
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
NTT Group has 200,000+ employees around the world. Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Learn more about Virtela at, www.nttglobal.net
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Are you someone who is looking to make a significant positive impact in your role as a UNIX Systems Engineer?
Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a systems infrastructure fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what applications and end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- Must have more than 6 years of experience in Data Analytics, Reporting and Automation
- Extensive experience in MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access and VBA.
- Expertise in handling big data to derive meaningful information for top management
- Strong Analytical skills and hand on experience on Business analysis tools
- Data Analysis experience in telecom domain is mandatory
- Should be comfortable with working on Networking Domain
- Gather data from a variety of sources and organize it in meaningful ways.
- Cleanse, Transform and organize data with precision.
- Analysis, design and implementation of customer requirements using reporting
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Should be able to quickly gain expertise in domain of the application for which data is to be analysed.
- Present data in meaningful ways using Graphs/ PivotTables/PowerPoint presentations.
- Should be proficient in some of the data analysis tools, MS Excel, MS Access, VBA Macros
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Develop reporting templates, maintain them and publish error free reports as per defined schedules
- Interpret large amounts of data and provide clear insights based on historic and forecasted data.
- Design and development of reports with Oracle BI Discoverer aligned to customer requirements
- Handling Monthly and Quarterly reviews and Operational reports
- Responsible for the creation and execution of Customer Ops request and adherence to business requirements.
- Comply with standards and strategies to enhance the reporting
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality within operations & reporting team
- Manage towards results, by process, with facts and with continuous process improvement in mind
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good presentation and report writing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to self-review deliverables.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and clear logical thinking.
- Build strong interpersonal relationships as a data analyst needs to source data & information from various systems and people.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Systematic approach to the collection, collation and presentation of information.
- High level of self-motivation, determination and confidence.
- Flexible and able to respond to changing priorities.
- Oracle Discoverer – Plus though not mandatory
- Oracle BI Enterprises Edition – Plus – Plus though not mandatory
- Any other BI tool experience
- SQL – Plus
- Graduate (Ideally, BS in Comp Sci) / PG / BE from IT and Telecommunication