- Network Engineering & Operations
Associate Director / Director – Network Operations – India
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Strong technical and subject matter expertise in any of these Enterprise Network Technologies
– WAN Routing Juniper, Cisco Service provider Network products
– LAN Switching : Cisco ( Nexus, Catalyst , UCS Series), Juniper, range solutions products
– Wan Optiimizer : Riverbed , Cisco
– Load Balancer: Cisco, F5 and others
– In-depth Knowledge of MPLS and routing and switching protocols
- Indepth handson experience in handling 24*7 operations in Global MSP/ISP/IDC/NOC/SOC outsourcing and shared services environment
- High level of skills in areas of Enterprise Network Services and Solutions and managing large globally distributed clients
- Handled multi Vendor / platform technologies and supporting more than 1000+ Network ( LAN WAN) devices in a distributed environment
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required; 24×7 support in rotating shifts
- Analytical thinker willing to “think outside the box” to resolve customer impacting situations on first contact; understand customer pain.
- Lead the team from front and be an example
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Run day to day Network Operation Center Business as Usual (BAU) functions on 24*7 basis
- Handle all areas of operations/delivery including incident, problem and change managment as per ITIL framework
- Handle complex esclations and provide support to Shift leads and other team members
- Observe ticket queue and participate in Severity 1 and Severity 2 tickets and lead from front
- Focus on incident reduction activities and assit in creating of Service improvement program
- Keep a track of Risk ,issues , SLA and ensure compliance towards set account specific Rule of Engagement
- Ensure Asset complaince activities such as keeping track of licensing, support contracts
- Leads weekly and monthly governance calls / report
- Identify challenging assignments and project and Excuete them alongwith BAU
- Maintains and develops process, policies and procedures as required
- Be a Account SPOC(Single Point of Contact ) for few large accounts
- Large Account Specific NOC tools Management and administration support
- Transition support including Knowledge transfer, provisioning and implementatin of new accounts into the shared environment
- Oversee the management of resources of the large accounts
- Plan and Manage Monthy Shift roaster
- Review the need of resources and skills with in the team and plan for skill development programs ( technical as well as client handling)
- Mentor and conduct training programs
- Identify and develop high potential employees in order to build operational bench strength and excellence
- Creates and presents annual evaluations, performance development plans, KRA
- Conduct weekly meeting with the team and Conveys clear expectations
- Fosters teamwork and shows commitment to team objectives, promotes collaboration and removes obstacles
Training and Certification Required
CCNA,CCNP,JNCIA,JNCIS,JNCIP ( add cisco dc certification, UCS certification)
Minimum of 15 years
Technical and Other Skills
Knowledge of ITIL, Good Communication and Presentation Skiils. Passion to work on core technologies