- Network Engineering & Operations
Senior Network Operations Engineer – Manila
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
The Senior Network Operations Engineer will be part of a team of experts who are responsible for handling network/security support, problem management, managing network performance and proactively identifying issues before they become customer affecting. This team provides 24×7 support to its Global customer base.
- Remote management and monitoring of Network Operations.
- 24×7 NOC support to Large Global clients that have a distributed LAN, WAN setup.
- Level 2 and Level 3 support for Incident Management / ticket resolution.
- Creation of MOP/SOP and planning Change management process.
- Performance tuning of network devices and creation of SOP.
- Work with Telecommunication Service Providers to resolve escalated circuit problems to resolution.
- Planning and Perform upgrade of network and security devices.
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems.
- Train and Mentor Junior Network Engineers.
- Act as an SME SPOC for certain Network products.
- Provide technical inputs for weekly/monthly customer service review reports.
- A Technical B.S. degree with relevant industry certifications i.e. CCNA, CCNP, JCNIA, JNCIS, JNCIP is desirable.
- At least 5+ years hands on troubleshooting experience in Enterprise LAN and WAN environment.
- Strong Technical subject matter expertise on Cisco and/or Juniper Platform Network solutions.
- Technical expertise with routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and switching (VLAN, Trunking, Dot1x, various flavors of STP) protocols.
- Knowledge of MPLS and QoS Basic knowledge of security technologies.
- Understanding on IPSec, VPNs, GRE, NAT/PAT over varied platforms.
- Experience of working on circuit (T1/E1,T3/E3,Ethernet) troubleshooting would be preferred.
- ITIL process awareness.