- Network Engineering & Operations
Network Operations Engineer – Manila
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
The NOC Network Engineer provides first-line Network Surveillance and Event Management support of the Virtela Network. NOC Service Teams are responsible for high-level network operations support of the Virtela Core Network and multiple Customer Networks, delivered in accordance with standard Virtela Event Management procedures.
- Support the operation of advanced IP network services.
- Receive calls from customers to open trouble tickets.
- Work trouble tickets to resolve customer and network issues.
- Work with Telecommunication Service Providers to resolve circuit problems to resolution.
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems.
- Work a rotating shift schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical B.S. degree.
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks.
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP).
- Understanding of how Telecommunication Service Providers install, test, and troubleshoot circuits; excellent computer skills including WIN2k and Unix.
- World-class skills in interfacing with customers and is willingness to go the “extra-mile” to assist them.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to include resources, priorities, and timelines.