- Network Engineering & Operations
Manager, Network Operations – Manila
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
The Manager, Network Operations will manage the Global Network Operations Center (GOC) in Manila. You will be leading a team of the industry’s brightest network operations engineers that support the industry’s most advanced cloud networking technologies and services. You should have an advanced understanding of MPLS and Internet service provider network architectures and last mile network access technologies.
- Manages the 24×7 Global Network Operations Center (GOC) for a global network and all associated equipment to make sure that it is available for all customers.
- Hands-on involvement with the GOC to quickly resolve customer’s network and security issues Supervises the daily working of customer and network trouble tickets.
- Direct and build (staff, train, and maintain employee skill levels) the GOC group that troubleshoots, repairs and monitors customer’s network and security services.
- Communicates and coordinates network/security maintenance and schedules.
- Coordinates installation of hardware and software by others including outside vendors.
- Monitors and maintains network stability.
- Create, maintain, and enforce all processes and procedures for the GOC group.
- Provide leadership to your team while focusing on their efforts on the corporate objectives.
- Foster teamwork across other groups such as Provisioning, Project Management, Customer Engineering and GOC.
- Provide detailed statistics on the performance of the team and provide solutions to better their performance to the executive staff.
- Manage internal audit process to ensure compliance with all GOC processes.
- Provide direction and priority to the staff for development of GOC tools.
- A Technical B.S. degree with relevant industry certifications i.e. CCNA, CCNP, JCNIA, JNCIS, JNCIP is desirable.
- At least 5+ years of senior-level leadership role in a global network service provider environment.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and Juniper WAN/LAN routing and switching.
- In depth knowledge of routing (BGP, MPLS) and switching protocols.
- Knowledge of WAN optimization technology: Riverbed, Cisco, Citrix, etc.
- ITIL process awareness.
- Aptitude and desire to learn advanced IP network services.