Voice Engineer – Denver
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
- Extensive knowledge of Avaya/Cisco voice products and VOIP networking (Cisco Voice product experience is REQUIRED, we may consider candidates who have not worked with Avaya products)
- Extensive knowledge/experience with Cisco TDM/ IP voice systems and components
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience on Avaya/Cisco voice products
- Experience with E1, T1, FXS, FXO, MGCP, SCCP, SIP, SRST, H323
- Good communication skills
- Voice over IP, Cisco & Avaya Telephony operations.
- Extensive knowledge/experience with Cisco TDM/ IP voice systems and components.
- Hands-on configuration and troubleshooting experience on CISCO CUCM, UCCX, UNITY, AVAYA CM, AVAYA Audix/Modular messaging.
- Deploy, configure and maintain a variety of voice technologies including: Cisco, Avaya etc.
- Provide Tier 1, 2 and 3 operational support for deployed technologies such as PBXs, mobility servers, voicemail systems, toll bypass gateways and other network infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience operating converged (voice/video/data) networks, including knowledge of CoS, QoS and related quality of service parameters over MPLS backbone, WAN and voice circuit experience in VoIP environment.
- Monitor the Telephony queue, troubleshoot, and escalate production problems affecting the global network and systems infrastructure.
- Perform vendor interaction with internal and external support organizations.
- Participate on project teams to effectively communicate the operational requirements to ensure effective project/technology transition.
- CCNA Voice/CCNP-Voice/Avaya Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred