Technical Recruiter – Denver
Virtela (virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrand, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by 40 awards during 2010 and 2011.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Virtela is actively hiring a Technical Recruiter for our Greenwood Village, Colorado office (Denver Tech Center). We are looking for an experienced Technical Recruiter to be responsible for the full life cycle of the recruiting process. The ideal candidate will be primarily focused on recruiting word class talent for all levels within the organization.
- Effectively executes recruiting for both technical and non-technical positions to support business needs.
- Manages candidates through the entire recruitment process to ensure a positive experience for candidates and high return on investment for Company.
- Takes initiative in developing job descriptions with hiring managers by understanding the skills and background needed, the role’s impact for the business, and the ideal fit for team and Company.
- Builds and maintains pipeline of potential candidates by being pro-active through market research, networking, and relationship management.
- Uses a variety of sourcing methods to create the candidate pipeline of world class talent to meet current and future hiring needs. This includes, but not limited to, database mining, internet/web searches, direct sourcing, community organization, networks, and employee referrals.
- Project manages all aspects of the recruiting with the Human Resources team and hiring managers to ensure that positions are filled in timely manner.
- Manages and coordinates multiple recruiting activities simultaneously.
- Proven successful track record in technical recruiting with demonstrated success in direct sourcing techniques.
- 2-5 years experience in recruiting in a fast paced environment specifically for high-tech/technical positions; a minimum of 2 years experience recruiting for High Tech Industry is required.
- Experience recruiting for technical positions with specific technology backgrounds, including but not limited to, Cisco, Juniper, MPLS, VPN, Internet Access, Security Services, LAN/WAN.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Existing network of candidates is highly preferred; expertise with Social Media tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and adjust priorities accordingly.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be flexible in order to meet changing deadlines or priorities.
- General Human Resources knowledge, e.g. employment laws as relates to recruiting.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.