System Center Engineer – Denver
Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managed networks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the United States, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Position: Microsoft System Center Engineer/Administrator
This position provides engineering and administration support for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 components. The candidate selected will design, deploy and administer a new System Center 2012 R2 solution focusing on SCCM, SCOM, SCORCH, VMM and Service Manager. The candidate will also assist in the maintenance and operations of existing servers and IT systems.
Scope of Work
The Microsoft System Center Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, deploying and providing day to day operational support for the System Center infrastructure. They will also mentor and train system administrators on said solution, assist with the administration of existing Microsoft enterprise solutions as their skill sets allow and provide occasional end user desktop and office automation support.
- Design, deploy and maintain a SCCM 2012 R2 infrastructure
- Design, deploy and maintain a SCOM 2012 R2 infrastructure
- Auditing of hardware and software inventory on servers and workstations throughout the enterprise using SCCM
- Creating SCCM reports for use by Helpdesk and operations personnel to assist in maintaining workstations and servers.
- Developing SCOM dashboards to integrate into SharePoint
- Assist with maintaining existing Microsoft servers and solutions; including their physical components
- Provide occasional end-user desktop assistance
- Report to the corporate IT Manager and provide regular status reports and updates
- Minimum of two years’ experience designing, deploying and managing SCCM 2012
- Minimum of two years’ experience developing and maintaining server and desktop images with SCCM 2012
- Minimum of two years’ experience providing SCCM Reporting
- Minimum of three years’ experience in creating, editing or updating design plans and system documentation
- Minimum of one years’ experience designing, deploying and managing SCOM 2012
- Minimum of one years’ experience with System Center Orchestrator 2012
- Minimum of one years’ experience with System Center Service Manager 2012
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to design, implement and maintain solutions with little or no technical guidance
- Certification as either a Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer: Server Infrastructure, or Microsoft Certified Solution Associate Server: Windows Server 2012
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 R2
- Mid-level PowerShell scripting experience
- Hyper-V 2012 or VMWare 5.5 experience as it relates to building and maintaining VM’s, not the virtual infrastructure itself
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 experience
- Exchange 2010 or 2013 experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Security+ CE
- SQL Server 2012 or 2014 Administration or Engineering experience
- Cisco UCS
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.