Software Engineer – Denver
Virtela (virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrand, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by 50 in the last two years alone.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Implementation of applications from given requirements specifications
- Application coding, unit testing and integration testing
- Maintenance of existing modules and applications.
- Participate in the review of technical documents for system design
- Consistently delivers work product that exceeds quality metrics.
- Works collaboratively with QA engineers through participation in the testing process and review of QA documentation.
- Stay technically current on the product and its evolution.
- Participate in architectural design during the design phase
- Ensure that the long-term architectural and performance strategies are considered when designing and coding solutions.
- Participate in the development of technical specifications for products, driving any new technologies that have been adopted into actual use.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering
- Must have 3+ years of programming and/or design, modeling tools and methodology or other technology disciplines.
- Must have minimum 3 years of hands on experience developing applications with Java , JavaEE
- Must have minimum 3 years of hands on experience in OOD, working with design patterns.
- Experience with Spring Framework , Hibernate , ADF desirable
- Must have minimum 3 years of hands on development experience with RDBMS, particularly Oracle, including writing complex SQL queries, views, stored procedure, triggers, etc. Good to have understanding of SQL tuning.
- Understanding of Unix/Windows Operating system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to react quickly to new demands in an ever-changing dynamic business environment.
Sound Analytical Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure like a ‘swat’ team, producing results in a faster turnaround mode.
- Ability to multi-task whilst ensuring other key deliverables continue to be met.
- Must have a positive and a can do attitude.
- Must be a self-motivator and be able to work with minimal direction.