Social Media Marketing (SMO) Analyst – Denver
Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managed networks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
The Social Media Analyst is responsible for implementing social media strategies for NTT Virtela. The Social Media Analyst can quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of Marketing campaigns, both sales and Employment outreach related, specific to social media.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Work with the Creative Director and Executive teams to manage and help create marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g. Employment outreach events, Job Postings and follow-up management, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers, etc.)
- Support SEO strategies by understanding keyword priorities and how they integrate into content marketing plans
- Provide analysis and recommendations as the program evolves and can be reviewed
- Research and administer social media tools on a daily basis in support of current NTT Virtela social media strategies and goals.
- Monitor and evaluate social media results on a daily basis in coordination with campaign goals and benchmarks.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client goals
- Keep pace with social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Passion for social media and internet marketing industries
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to work in a widely varied team of technical professionals with strong personalities and high levels of motivated investment in Virtela’s success.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years of experience in social media marketing with demonstrated successes
- Ability to support a global company and work flexible hours. This includes some weekends and evenings as the needs of the business require.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience working with popular social media monitoring tools (Google, Radian 6, Twitter Search, Social Mention, Traackr, etc) and popular social media management tools (TweetDeck, HootSuite, etc)
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Desired: Knowledge of HTML/CSS, WordPress, and website administrations
- BS/BA degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.