Shipping and Procurement Specialist – Denver
Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managed networks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
The primary responsibilities of the shipping and procurement specialist are to interface with both internal and external customers and complete requests for procuring, shipping, and receiving hardware. The position is also responsible for maintaining records of activities and maintaining stock of frequently used hardware and associated adapters and cables.
Essential Job Functions
- Ships and receives customer equipment around the globe. Tracks shipment from the original hardware order to on-site delivery.
- Maintains Virtela’s inventory of all network equipment, cables, adapters, and miscellaneous hardware. Ensures accurate data within the inventory tracking system.
- Monitors critical equipment inventory stock levels, and orders hardware to maintain minimum levels.
- Provides e-mail shipment notifications to both internal and external customers, and updates Virtela’s system with pertinent tracking information.
- Creates and tracks equipment purchase requisitions in internal systems and upon receipt of the associated PO, tracking Purchase Order Requests to individual vendors, and ensuring timely delivery.
- Escalates with equipment vendors and shipping companies when necessary.
- Researches global customs issues and works toward delivery resolution.
- Works to recover equipment after a customer disconnect. Maintains records of all non-recovered equipment and notifies our finance group when equipment is returned.
- Assists the Finance Department with hardware billing reconciliation.
- Functions as a team player — works with Provisioners and Engineers as part of the overall service delivery process.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast paced environment while maintaining focus on deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum 3 years of shipping / receiving experience. This must include both domestic and international shipping with experience in dealing with local customs offices when issues arise.
- Telecom equipment knowledge strongly preferred.
- Skilled in operating Microsoft Office Applications and familiar with standard office equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Works independently and under minimal supervision.
- Maintains confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee must frequently lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. The travel required for this position is minimal.