Senior Sales Engineer – Northeastern US (Tri-state) area or Detroit
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrand, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for providing technical consulting, pre and post-sales support to prospects and customers as part of a global account team. Other responsibilities include acting as a liaison between Virtela clients and internal support groups to ensure a smooth customer experience.
Preferred Location: Northeastern US (Tri-state) area or Detroit
- Solution Development:
- Work with prospects to identify requirements and build compelling solution to address those requirements
- Solution Selling
- Solution Documentation:
- Documentation to include Visio diagrams, Technical Solution Documentation, and pricing components.
- Excellent presentation/communication skills are required.
- Act as liaison for technical issues that may arise during implementation/support.
- Support: Sales Engineer is the trusted technical advisor to customers through the post sales relationship. Successful candidate must be able to build a long term relationship with the technical contacts within the client base.
- Support Virtela sales staff and account managers as needed to properly manage the sales process and drive revenue.
- Actual hands on experience either in an operational or engineering role with a focus on routing/switching or security
- History of managing/supporting a large enterprise/carrier network and enterprise IT applications
- Self motivated. Ability to work as part of a small independent team
- Detail Oriented documentation and presentation skills using the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Broad technical knowledge:
- IP networking (MPLS VPN, BGP/OSPF/EIGRP/RSVP/LDP/BFD, OSI model, global networking experience, TDM, ISDN, STM, etc)
- Video, Voice, and IP Telephony (SIP, H.323, Cisco, Avaya, etc)
- Security Services (Firewall, IPS, URL filtering, Vulnerability Scanning, Cisco, Juniper, Bluecoat, Checkpoint, Websense, etc)
- Application Acceleration Technology
- Understanding of enterprise IT applications – firewall, virus scanning, AAA, E-mail, remote access, database management, disaster recovering, hosting, VOIP, ERP, etc.
- Virtualization Experience (VMware, Xenserver, etc)
- Willingness to travel as needed (40%)
Experience and Education:
- 5+ years’ experience in the telecommunications / data networking industry.
- BS/BA (technical discipline preferred)
- CCNP, CCIE, CISSP (Preferred)