Public Relations Manager/Director – Denver
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world.
This position on Virtela’s corporate communications team will help develop, execute, and manage the company’s proactive media & industry analyst relations program and related activities that serve to build awareness and elevate Virtela’s market position. The candidate must have a strong background in media relations, PR campaigns, product launches, and analyst & customer reference engagement. The position requires direct, proven experience in developing content for and managing relations with technology media and analysts.
The ideal candidate should possess a solid understanding of the IT & networking services industry landscape so that s/he can effectively distill complex technology concepts and business strategies into compelling media messages that support the company’s corporate goals. The successful candidate will collaborate with decision makers across all business units to develop and communicate corporate and product positioning. This position reports to the vice president of corporate communications and is based out of the company’s Greenwood Village, Colo., headquarters.
Location: Denver, CO
- Plan and execute PR strategies to support the company’s business and marketing objectives, illustrating thought leadership, competitive differentiation and value proposition to the market
- Develop and communicate compelling story angles and positioning to media, analysts and other key influencers; handle day-to-day media/analyst inquiries
- Write, edit and gain approvals for all press materials and related content (e.g., press releases, messaging documents, byline articles, presentations)
- Drive and execute announcements in a timely, efficient and organized manner
- Serve as key contact for customer PR opportunities and work with customers and Virtela colleagues to drive customer participation in PR activities
- Help manage/collaborate with PR agency (proactive media relations, briefing coordination, prepare briefing materials, awards and speaking submissions, social media)
- 5 years experience in a significant communications role within the IT services/networking industry
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills
- Solid writing skills (writing samples requested)
- Knowledge of relevant print, online and social media outlets, inc. trade and business press
- Creative, strategic thinker and a reliable executor
- Strong teaming skills, ability to establish and leverage relationships throughout the company
- Demonstrate outstanding judgment and flexibility; thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Self-motivated, resourceful and proactive nature
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Journalism, Communications and/or equivalent work experience