Oracle Database Administration – Denver
Virtela (virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrand, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by 40 awards during 2010 and 2011.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Virtela has multiple openings – DBA, Senior DBA and Team Lead DBA
Oracle DBA will serve as systems architect, technical leader and key individual contributor for the overall OSS/BSS systems delivery and operational support team.
- Experience working for a Telco/ISP/Datacenter Hosting, Managed Services Company, or similar discipline.
- Experienced Oracle DBA, with architecture, operational support, and data warehouse and BI reporting
- Experience working with Oracle Support Services familiar with Oracle’s escalation procedures.
- Experience with 24×7 support of production database environments – complex query performance tuning (of existing applications), Hardware and Software specification and design.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and verification of disaster recovery (DR) strategies.
- 6 to 12 years DBA experience with database technology and systems architectures
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring developers and other DBAs
- Establishing and documenting database architectural guidelines, establishing operational best practices
- Full lifecycle application development support – designing and debugging applications DB functionality
- Managing development projects, assisting Application Developers to architect and build new applications
- Ability to work directly with Applications Developers to design, build and support new systems
- Data modeling and Oracle database/warehouse design
- Demonstrated programming experience in PL/SQL, Perl / Python, and/or UNIX scripting
- Strong skills with SQL tuning and PL/SQL debugging/tuning, ETL and Integrations
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle tools including 3rd party integration products
- Act and the SME for all Business Reporting and use of the OBIEE environment
- Managing data security within the DB and on behalf of the Application
- Capacity analysis of Oracle Databases and the Data warehouse
- Monitoring Oracle trends for hardware usage and user load
- Install, patch and maintain all Oracle software
- Performance Tuning all Oracle instance components including SQL and PL/SQL
- Review and approve all production schema changes and database design
- Design and maintain the backup & recovery system
- Implement Oracle failover technology within the DR facility
Applications and languages include:
- Siebel and Oracle E-Business Suite
Target Operating Systems include:
- Solaris, Linux, and Microsoft Windows based platforms.
Target Databases include:
- Oracle, MySQL, BI Tools – Discoverer and OBIEE
- Experience with ITIL discipline
- BS Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience desirable