NMS Developer – Denver
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
Location: Denver, CO
Do you live, eat, and breathe programming? Are you someone who sees code in their dreams? Would you consider yourself a developer’s developer? Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp NMS developer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a software fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of Virtela systems and tools
- Work directly with our networking engineers and product team pros as well as developers who are experts in the industry
- Work on every level of the stack – frontend to backend, and everything in between
Software Developer with proven design skills to join a small, highly motivated team to analyze and translate business requirements into technical specifications, design and develop multi-tier distributed applications, accurately document and present system designs, test and debug applications and identify track and resolve defects. Virtela systems are built using the latest software technologies following SOA best practices with a focus on scalability, maintainability and reuse.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience working within a technical operations 24×7 production environment with complex high availability environments.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN monitoring systems including setup up and troubleshooting large scale networks.
- Experience using Open Source tools, Unix/Linux, and Routing and Switching technologies is a must (Cisco, Juniper, and Alcatel technologies is preferred).
- Scripting experience with Perl, Ruby, Shell, and SQL.
- 5+ years hands on experience with network/systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; of network management systems is required
- Has previously Implemented tools to pull real time performance analysis and network performance statistics such as uptime, usage, Faults and alarms and multitude of other network performance indicator and statistics
- Good experience in network report and alarm automation.
- In depth technical knowledge of network event and alarm management concepts, in the design of redundant and high-availability NMS solutions, and the tuning and optimization of NMS systems is required
- Outstanding interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) supporting Network Operations Centers is preferred
- Any Java experience is preferred but not mandatory.