Network Operations Engineer – Denver, Mumbai, Manila
Location: Denver, Mumbai, Manila
The NOC Network Engineer provides first-line Network Surveillance and Event Management support of the Virtela Network. NOC Service Teams are responsible for high-level network operations support of the Virtela Core Network and multiple Customer Networks, delivered in accordance with standard Virtela Event Management procedures.
- Support the operation of advanced IP network services
- Receive calls from customers to open trouble tickets
- Work trouble tickets to resolve customer and network issues
- Work with Telecommunication Service Providers to resolve circuit problems to resolution
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Work a rotating shift schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Technical B.S. degree required.
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience
- Experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
- Understanding of how Telecommunication Service Providers install, test, and troubleshoot circuits; excellent computer skills including WIN2k and Unix.
- World-class skills in interfacing with customers and is willingness to go the “extra-mile” to assist them.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to include resources, priorities, and timelines.