Network Engineer-LAN & WAN – Denver
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
Location: Denver, CO
- Responsible for the overall management of large Enterprise network including the planning, design, 24×7 management, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN. Manage network security and policies. Additional experience with VPN technology and wireless.
- Operate and maintain enterprise network. Prepare, configure, and manage routers and switches for deployment to a local or a remote site; Troubleshoot and remedy enterprise network problems; Research and recommend network optimization; Perform network equipment software and configuration upgrades. Ability to train other engineers on specific technologies.
- Analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation/configuration and support of WAN/LAN/MAN and converged network technologies.
- Day to day monitoring and performance and tuning of the WAN and LAN functionality. Perform network architecture reviews and develop detailed engineering design and deployment plans.
- Experience in local and wide area networking, communications, within a multi-platform network environment. Knowledge of: LAN/WAN; VLANs, VoIP, RIP, OSPF, AAA/TACACS, EIGRP, and Cisco ACLs
- Cisco Certification – CCNA or CCNP or CCIE or CCVP
- Technical B.S. degree required or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications.
- Knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience
- Experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
- Understanding of how Telecommunication Service Providers install, test, and troubleshoot circuits.
- World-class skills in interfacing with customers and is willingness to go the “extra-mile” to assist them.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to include resources, priorities, and timelines.