Marketing Communications Manager or Director – Denver
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Our marketing team’s role is to create more sales opportunities and shorten the sales cycle – plain and simple. We make it easier for sales, customers and partners to understand the services we have, why we’re different and what’s in it for them. We’re responsible for much of what the customer sees and hears about Virtela. Join Virtela’s marketing team and become an integral member of the leading global cloud networking company, part of NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company.
- Responsible for strategic direction and execution of all marketing communications programs
- Develop, execute and manage online lead/demand generation programs including all aspects of digital marketing, search engine optimization, keyword search, search engine marketing and social media
- Constantly explore, recommend, use and optimize communication methods, vehicles and technologies to engage with target audiences, particularly as part of fully integrated lead generation campaigns
- Expertly use database marketing, marketing automation, Salesforce automation tactics and tools to manage campaigns from launch to ongoing tracking and reporting
- Maximize impact of email and calling campaigns using Salesforce.com and other tools
- Create and update collateral, presentations, brochures, ads, web content, and sales tools with input from marketing colleagues, subject matter experts, executives, sales, customers and partners
- Message development for creative design work for online and offline ads, signage and other targeted marketing materials
- Plan, organize and execute participation in events, including tradeshows, customer and partner events, industry events, sales training sessions and other corporate events
- Manage the corporate website, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs
- Develop brand guidelines and ensure consistent adherence to guidelines for all marketing materials and activities
- Demonstrated success in a marketing or marketing communications role for a B2B technology company a must. Experience in marketing networking and/or managed services a big plus
- Expertise in lead generation best practices, including segmentation, targeting and positioning, lead nurturing, database management
- Web marketing, PPC, SEO, social networking, email marketing, direct marketing knowledge and experience
- Ability to execute, track and report on marketing programs via marketing automation, Salesforce.com and other tools
- Experience with creative concept development, storyboarding and message development for creative design work
- Graphics design experience to execute creative concepts a plus
- Range of ability and willingness from strategic contributor to tactical implementer
- High level of energy and creativity
- Passionate about going the extra mile
- Thrives in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment
- Driven, detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and work independently
- College degree, graduate degree a plus. 5+ years work experience