Jr Linux System Engineer – Denver
Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the leading innovator in global cloud networking. We deliver award-winning services in managed networks, security, cloud, and IT infrastructure management. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by numerous industry awards during the past year.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Building and maintaining VMs and physical servers
- Supporting physical hardware (replacing disks, upgrading memory, working with support)
- Assisting developers with Vagrant usage
- Configuring and enhancing monitoring
- Patching servers
- Performing server backups and testing recovery from backups
- Automating and improving existing processes
- Systems planning, configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings and implementation support of new applications
- Support developers, applications integrators, DBAs, and Global Operations Centers
- Acting as a key member (support/consult/lead) on various application’s BSS/OSS projects
- Managing capacity, designing systems architecture and performing technology refreshes
- 2+ years of strong experience with RHEL, CentOS, and/or Ubuntu
- Experience with network troubleshooting,
- Strong customer service attitude with superior people skills
- Highly self-motivated. Willingness to take ownership of tasks and drive them to completion
- Knowledge of Internet services, systems monitoring and management, and open source tools with emphasis on SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, Radius, SQL, and DNS.
- Strong documentation skills
- Understanding of Systems design and the OSI model
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios or Zabbix a plus
- Scripting experience is a plus.
- Puppet experience is a plus
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.