Human Resources Director
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrand, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by 40 awards during 2010 and 2011.
Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 750 carriers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in US, India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Location: Denver, CO
The Human Resources Director will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team delivering high level human resources services to create a world-class organization and to help meet the strategic business goals of the Company. This includes the implementation and the coordination of processes, policies, and programs regarding organization development, on-boarding, talent acquisition, talent development, retention, training and development, compensation strategy, legal and ethical compliance, and employee relations.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a start up environment, global human resources experience with a concentration in Asia (India and Philippines), and passion for providing world class customer support to internal customers.
- Acts as HR Business Partner for Senior Leadership by providing guidance and counsel on variety of issues that include but not limited to – employee relations, conflict resolution, interpersonal communications, policies and procedures, and country, federal, state, and local law.
- Designs and aligns HR initiatives with business strategy and objectives to drive the human resources function and performance. Areas will include talent management through succession planning, training and development programs, and other programs that enhance the knowledge of the employee base and fill in identified talent gaps.
- Develops recruiting strategies such as staffing programs to identify internal and external talent for all levels within the Company.
- Ensures the Company is in compliance with country, federal, state, and local laws with policies and procedures. Monitors legal compliance, develops policies and procedures, and makes recommendations on policies and procedures for senior leadership.
- Oversees payroll, hiring, and termination procedures by monitoring and implementing procedures for continuous improvement, legal compliance, and consistency across the Company.
- Assesses the competiveness of Company’s programs and practices against similar companies, markets, and industries to ensure the Company continues to attract and retain world class talent.
- Designs, implements, and champions performance reviews, employee recognition, employee benefits, and employee compensation to help attract and retain world class talent and motivate employees.
- Leads and evaluates the Human Resources Department for continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness of the group. Provides individuals within the Department guidance on professional development with recommendations on training and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is required. MBA is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive Human Resources Generalist roles including employee relations, compensation and benefits, leadership, talent management, organization development, and legal compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience supporting a global employee base with the ability to think and deliver on a global level.
- Must have experience working in the Telecommunications (or related) industry and working in start-up environment.
- Advanced knowledge of HR best practices and principles including but not limited to employment laws, governmental regulations such as EEO, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and FLSA (US).
- Highly organized and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven leadership with the ability to inspire and lead others.
- Ability to interact and present HR initiatives, metrics, programs, etc. with all levels within the organization including occasionally the Board of Directors.
- GPHR or SPHR is preferred.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.