Front-End Java Developer – Denver
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
Location: Denver, CO
Do you live, eat, and breathe programming? Are you someone who sees code in their dreams? Would you consider yourself a developer’s developer? Virtela just might have a position for you! We’re looking for a razor sharp engineer to help transform how to support enterprise networking and security. If you’re a software fanatic who tirelessly fine-tunes their craft and seeks to improve your ideas based on what end-users really want and need – it’s time to apply!
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of Virtela systems and tools
- Work directly with our networking engineers and product team pros as well as developers who are experts in the industry
- Working collaboratively with Business SMEs, Software Architect, and developers to design and deliver advanced applications with state of the art next-gen User Interface and intuitive navigation.
- Gather and analyze users’ requirements to design, implement and support java based presentation tier components with a solid commitment to timelines and deliverables.
- Create next-gen user interface and create screen mock-ups for applications and present it to users.
- Demonstrate capability of presenting and implementing new ideas for rich user interface with very high level of performance.
Software Developer with proven design skills to join a small, highly motivated team to analyze and translate business requirements into technical specifications. Design screen mock-ups and develop UI pages, propose and implement application navigation. Test and debug applications and identify track and resolve defects.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Java web application development.
- Demonstrate high level of competency and experience in UI Design.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing screen mock-ups and HTML implementation.
- Minimum 6 months of working experience in either JSF or AngularJS or Struts.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in XML, JSON.
- Team player with a “get it done” attitude.
- Must have work experience in developing Responsive design bases applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Additional Desired skills – SQL, SVN/Git, Photoshop or other design tool.