Customer Project Manager – Denver
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
The Project Manager plans, executes, and finalizes global data network projects (VPN, MPLS, Internet) for Virtela’s customers based globally throughout Europe, Asia, the Pacific, and the Americas. This position is part of Virtela’s Service Delivery Team with a focus of delivering managed network services solutions to customers by planning and organizing projects.
Location: Denver, CO
- Serves as the customer’s point of contact for all project related issues and concerns.
- Establishes and facilities regular project review meetings with customer, internal teams, vendors, and partners involved in project.
- Interfaces and coordinates with internal teams such as customer engineers and account managers to ensure that project objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Manages and coordinates multiple projects and project activities simultaneously.
- Organizes, analyzes and motivates the implementation team to help meet the established project objectives and provide quality service to customers.
- Strong understanding of Data Network Technology – MPLS, VPN, Internet, Cisco etc.
- Service Provider or System Integrator or Telecommunications experience a must.
- Experience and knowledge in managed network services, including but not limited to, MPLS, VPN, security services, LAN/WAN, and cloud is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and adjust priorities accordingly.
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools including Microsoft Project.
- Advanced experience in using Excel, Visio, and Word to produce reports and documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work off business hours and different time zones as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or computer science related field preferred.