Customer Engineer – Denver
Virtela (virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM. The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match. Virtela is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce.
- Coordinate workflow with customers, project managers, and architecture group.
- Develop and implement detailed designs for customer Enterprise networks.
- Lead network installations, WAN optimization implementations and security deployments based upon Customer design requirements.
- Configure and deploy Cisco and Juniper routers.
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose LAN/WAN network issues.
- Maintain documentation regarding network configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and circuits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical B.S. degree required or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications.
- Minimum 7 years experience as a Network Engineer.
- Strong experience working with Cisco and Juniper platforms including Command Line Interface.
- Hands-on experience with MPLS, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IPSec, TCP/IP, QoS, and WAN Optimization.
- Cisco certification and Palo Alto experience a plus.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to effectively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to work long hours as needed.