Carrier Access Manager – Denver
Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health saving account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Virtela is searching for a highly experienced Carrier Access Manager with an extensive background in aggressive contract and pricing negotiations with a knowledge of how to manage escalations with major telecommunications carriers.
Location: Denver, CO
- Aggressively negotiate circuit pricing for new customer opportunities as well as negotiating aggressive on-net service pricing with ILEC, CLEC and ISP suppliers
- Manage daily escalations with network suppliers to shorten circuit delivery intervals for customer implementations
- Successfully expand coverage access footprint through onboarding new regional network suppliers
- Lead and Drive performance improvement meetings with carriers through weekly/monthly operational review to improve processes and SLA adherence.
- Strong knowledge of Access technologies and solutions such as Ethernet, MPLS, xDSL, Hub and Muxing, Private lines and NNI’s
- Contract negotiation experience (MSA, Pricing, SLA and Amendments)
- Experience in network optimization, cost reductions and circuit price negotiations
- Strong background in network planning & network solution design
- Expert in MS Office Suite including Excel, Access PowerPoint & Word
- Conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills, attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, changing environment
- 7-10 years of experience in the telecommunications industry, preferably in carrier management
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience