Account Delivery Manager – Denver
Virtela (virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Supervises incident management, change management, problem management, and network optimization projects.
- Customer communications, primary interface for all customer issues.
- Project manages implementation and optimization projects.
- Leads Customer Service Reviews (weekly, monthly, and quarterly).
- Operational ITIL analysis and reporting (trend, performance, availability, and capacity management)
- Generates reports (SLA and operations).
- Leads senior-level technical teams.
- Supervises Customer and Virtela-internal processes.
- Conduct quarterly reviews about services with customers including with ‘C’ level executives.
- Act as liaison with implementation team and operations team for customer; also single point of escalation to address customer issues and customer retention.
- Managed Services experience is required.
- Previous experience in service manager and project manager role required.
- Technical telecommunications background.
- Implementation and optimization project management experience.
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
- Ability to work with Account Teams, Customers, Service Delivery, and Operations.
- Creative, flexible thinker who is willing to take initiative and share alternative solutions with peers and management.
- Passionate about Virtela’s Customers, willing to go the extra mile to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Customer service experience – preferably in an operations center environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-cultural, customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required; 24×7 support.
- Service Provider or System Integrator or Telecommunications experience a must.
- Proven track record of farming, creating new opportunities, and growing customer relationships within existing customer base.
- Solid understanding of Global WAN Services (e.g., MPLS, VPN, Internet Access, Security).
- Ability to travel 33-50% of the time.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional relationship management skills.
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills.
Bachelor degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience.