Lead Security Engineer – Manila
Virtela is part of the NTT Group, the world’s largest telecom company, ranked #32 on the Global Fortune 500. Virtela is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services and offers the opportunity to work with the most advanced technologies and talent around the world in serving our global enterprise clients. Virtela have been recognized by 100+ awards.
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems, making a real impact and building something big? Join the Virtela team today.
The Lead Security Engineer is responsible for the overall management of large enterprise network; this includes the planning, design, 24×7 management, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN. This position also manages network security and policies.
- Support the operation of advanced Network Security services and take escalations from L1 and L2 engineers
- Receive calls from customers and work trouble tickets to resolve escalated network security issues
- Recognizes successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
- Perform changes on the Network and Security devices
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Provide comprehensive maintenance plans for change management review and approval, implement according to plan.
- Work a rotating shift schedule
- Manage GOC (Global Operations Center) shifts and exchange handoff between various shifts
- Manage daily work distribution for GOC (Global Operations Center)
- Participate in various Network and Security projects
- Train and mentor L1 and L2 engineers
- Day to day monitoring of performance and tuning of the Firewall functionality.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Technical B.S. degree with relevant industry certifications i.e. CCNA,CCSA/SE,CCSP,JNCIS-SEC,JNCIS-FWV,JNCIS-SSL,CEH,CCIE is desirable
- Must have at least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Network Security (multi-vendor) experience.
- Experience with Firewall/IDS/IPS/Cisco PIX Firewall/Checkpoint Firewall/Juniper Firewall, Palo Alto Networks Firewall/Blue Coat Technology.
- Experience in local and wide area networking, communications, within a multi-platform network environment. Knowledge of: LAN/WAN; VLANs, VoIP, RIP, OSPF, AAA/TACACS, EIGRP, and Cisco ACLs
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience
- Experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
- Hands on experience on Vulnerability Scanning, Penetration Testing Tools
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on Linux/Unix OS is desirable.