Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
- Analytical thinker willing to “think outside the box” to resolve customer impacting situations on first contact; understand customer pain.
- Ability to work with Operations and Engineering on the priority of issues in order to resolve the most urgent customer impacting issues first.
- Creative, flexible thinker who is willing to take initiative and share alternative solutions with peers and management.
- Network Security (multi-vendor) experience.
- Strong technical and subject matter expertise in at least four or more of the following security specialties:
– Firewall: Juniper, Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet
– IPSEC VPN
– SSL VPN: Juniper, F5
– Content Filtering: BlueCoat, Websense, McAfee
– IPS: Juniper, Tipping Point, McAfee
– SIEM/SIM products
– AAA services: ACS, Radius, RSA
– Wan Accelerators: Riverbed, Juniper
– Load Balancers: F5 BigIP LTM/GTM, Juniper
– Unified Thread Management (UTM)
- Hands on experience on Vulnerability Scanning, Penetration Testing Tools
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on Linux/Unix OS is desirable.
- Customer service experience – preferably in an Global Operations center environment.
- Ticketing system knowledge.
- Exceptional documentation and communication skills.
- Aptitude and desire to learn advanced Network Security services.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-cultural, customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required; 24×7 support.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Support the operation of advanced Network Security services and take escalations from L1 Engineers.
- Receive calls from customers and work trouble tickets to resolve escalated network security issues
- Recognizes successful intrusions and compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail information.
- Perform changes on the Network and Security devices
- Work with Hardware/Software Vendors to resolve problems
- Provide comprehensive maintenance plans for change management review and approval, implement according to plan.
- Work a rotating shift schedule
- Manage GOC (Global Operations Center) shifts and exchange handoff between various shifts
- Manage daily work distribution for GOC (Global Operations Center)
- Participate in various Network and Security projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Training and Certification Required
CCNA,CCSA/SE,CCSP,JNCIS-SEC,JNCIS-FWV,JNCIS-SSL,CEH,CCIE certifications preferred